星期日, 11月 14, 2010

Mute at startup (Linux Mint 10)

So here goes.
Open synaptic and search for pulseaudio. Mark pulseaudio for complete removal.
However this does not remove everything. Mark everything that is installed having to do with pulse,
EXCEPT: libpuls0 and libpuls-mainloop-glib0

Then search for Alsa and install (if not installed),
alsa-utils
alsa-base
libasound2
libasound2-plugins
linux-sound-base
libsdl1.2debian-alsa
gstreamer0.10-alsa
liblash2
libesd-alsa0
alsamixergui
python-alsaaudio
libflk1.1
xmms2-plugin-alsa

then un-mute the volume control on the panel.

I restarted my machine at this point.

After a restart open Alsamixer.
PCM will be set at 0. Raise the bars up, and click on the speakers above
to turn then on. That should do it.

Hopefully I got all the file names right. (sometimes I can't read my own scribble).

I don't know if this will works for Gnome, but works here with LXDE.
I hope it works for you.

出處

沒有留言: